Camp Week 5

Camp Week 5

Y’all this week we finally got everything on the outside DONE! It was another busy long week! And your girl finally had tome to get out there and help Raymond do some of the work!! Keep in mind Raymond got home the day after all of the rain and wind from Hurricane Lauren! This is also the week we had to paint which meant we had to wait until all the rain had stopped and the siding had time to dry.

August 29

Started painting the siding with Sherman Williams A-100 in the color Sliverpointe 7653. Our cousin gave us 15 gallons of that color. He put two good coats on.

August 30

That morning Raymond went to Lowe’s and bought 20 1x4x8s and two 2x8x8s and 12 treated furing strips for the siding seams. He also bought the front door and storm door. Because it was still wet and raining that day he went in the shop and painted all of these with two coats of paint.  We used Valspar Exterior paint & primer in the color Possibility 5007-1A

August 31

Monday morning he proceeded to install the facia boards on the front and back peaks. He then installed the 1×4 trim boards on all the corners and along the top and bottom of the siding. Before he installed the bottom trim board he loosened the siding along the bottom and slid z bar flashing in along the bottom of the walls to protect the subfloor. Then installed the seam trim furing strips on every seam of the siding. We went to yes your guessed it Lowes again that night and picked up more paint rollers and caulking.

September 1st

Tuesday morning installed the front door with 3” deck screws everywhere even in the striker plate and hinges. Raymond cut the front and back facing to size then took them back down for paint. While Raymond was cutting pulling the deck board up and cutting then shorter, I was painting the last of the trim boards and the face boards. After installing all the boards we then caulked every seam on all the trim and every screw head this took the entire day. We also caulked the windows in too.

September 2nd

Wednesday we painted everything again after the caulking had set overnight. 

September 3rd

Thursday morning he made a 1/4” thick aluminum plate for the ac hole at the machine shop. Framed the opening for the ac bigger than the actual unit we had just in case we had to go larger in the future we would have the room. Installed the aluminum plate with 40 wood screws and caulked it all then installed the window unit and made sure it had no leaks. Then he had bought 10” flashing rolls long ago so he took and crimped them into a 90 deg flashing and installed that under the metal roofing so there will be no issues with leaks in the future. 

The outside is pretty much complete for now except the awning over the front porch and the gutters down the sides to fill the water tank with rain water. Hopeful the next time he is home we’ll be able to pull wires and plumbing, insulate all the walls and ceiling, frame the bathroom up inside, lay a vapor barrier on the floor and install another 1/2” thick subfloor over the treated 3/4” and install the paneling.

Y’all we are so close be being done enough to where we can stay the night in the camp! I’m hoping that we will have the camp at our lease before hunting season opens!!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s